Monday, January 12, 2009
Marty update
Marty is hanging in there. He didn't have any interest in the football games yesterday (!), so he and Frank watched movies instead.
They are tapering off his prednisone (I'll try to remember to ask why), so his cough is worsening again. He's got some "good stuff" cough medicine, though, and is reasonably comfortable still.
He comes and goes mentally. Frank said two nights ago he was calling out for Eddie. None of us know who Eddie is. (If any of you aunts and uncles know, I'm sure they'd be interested to hear.) But other times he is able to recognize people and converse a bit.
Judy is improving steadily. She has an appetite today, so Frank just had to tell us about how they're eating po'boys. They're also going through old photos and laughing themselves silly. Chris has Wednesday off, so the three of them will get together and talk about arrangements.
They are tapering off his prednisone (I'll try to remember to ask why), so his cough is worsening again. He's got some "good stuff" cough medicine, though, and is reasonably comfortable still.
He comes and goes mentally. Frank said two nights ago he was calling out for Eddie. None of us know who Eddie is. (If any of you aunts and uncles know, I'm sure they'd be interested to hear.) But other times he is able to recognize people and converse a bit.
Judy is improving steadily. She has an appetite today, so Frank just had to tell us about how they're eating po'boys. They're also going through old photos and laughing themselves silly. Chris has Wednesday off, so the three of them will get together and talk about arrangements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that Judy is better. It's a good thing Frank went down there. It will lift all of their spirits.
Post a Comment