Sunday, January 11, 2009
Marty update
I'll start with the details I haven't blogged before. Despite being on antibiotics, Marty developed pneumonia. (His lungs are susceptible.) The night before Judy called us, he coughed all night long and neither of them got any sleep. The next day, they increased his dosage of prednisone, so he's coughing less for now. The drug is an immunosuppressant, though, so it won't help in the long run.
But it is making him more comfortable. He (and Judy) got one good night's rest, but then last night wasn't so good again. It was really fortunate that Frank was there to help, because Judy is down with a bad cold.
Frank says Marty isn't really there. He doesn't recognize anyone and doesn't know what's going on. When I spoke to Frank a little bit ago, the caregiver, Crystal, had been there and gotten Marty bathed and settled, and he was sleeping. So was Judy.
Frank and I will keep everyone posted via this blog. Jorene, would you mind passing the word to the family?
But it is making him more comfortable. He (and Judy) got one good night's rest, but then last night wasn't so good again. It was really fortunate that Frank was there to help, because Judy is down with a bad cold.
Frank says Marty isn't really there. He doesn't recognize anyone and doesn't know what's going on. When I spoke to Frank a little bit ago, the caregiver, Crystal, had been there and gotten Marty bathed and settled, and he was sleeping. So was Judy.
Frank and I will keep everyone posted via this blog. Jorene, would you mind passing the word to the family?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
(((hugs))) and love...
Thinking of you guys.
Hang in there; you'll all be in my thoughts.
Thanks, everybody, for all kind thoughts, e-hugs, and words. We really appreciate it!
Post a Comment