Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stalling

I'm supposed to be doing EVERYTHING today, but I haven't started yet. Instead, I've been having a lovely morning and lunch with Frank and MJ. I read for a while (I'm working through all my Jennifer Crusie novels again), then settled in for a nice visit with MJ while Frank worked on the computer. We talked about her writing (which recently has involved researching and incidentally memorizing some Romantic poetry), missing Chloe (who is still in Corvallis and may have to be kicked out by the Golds before she'll come home again), education, socializing in schools (evidently there is more of it at our local high school than I thought, but maybe not for the reason I might hope to attribute to it (good sense on the part of the educational establishment)), and the funny Megan story on Denise's blog which MJ had missed and which led into reminiscing about the
funny Chris story on Denise's blog. Through much of this, MJ gave me a backscratch, earning the much coveted and passed around title of Favorite Daughter.

Frank went to Ray's Drive-in (one of those old-fashioned places where they don't cook your food until you ask for it) and got us burgers and real-ice-cream milkshakes. We ate in the so-called marital bed, the three of us sitting side by side up against the headboard. It wasn't the kindest thing we could do to our sheets, now a bit grease- and ketchup-stained, but it was cozy.

And now I'm blogging. None of these activities was included in my previous definition of "EVERYTHING" so I've expanded my definition.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday!!

Beachbum said...

I agree with Randi.

Wont "everything" still be there waiting for you? So what's the rush???!!!

Zenmomma said...

Don't you worry about Chloe. I just fed her chocolate chip pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner. She says nomz. But she may come home just to get her Favorite Daughter title back. I am no substitute for the real mom. :o)

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Mark's home from Hot Springs for the weekend, and we're all reveling in the family time. We are not packing a lot of boxes, as we should be doing.

Your Saturday sounds perfect, blissful. :)