Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday 13

A Thursday Thirteen Twofer:
26 Movie Moments that Make Me Smile Hugely

(mild spoilers may follow)

1. "Who wants pie?" It Could Happen to You

2. "I Will Survive." The Replacements

3. "Write that down." Blast from the Past

4. "Baptism!" O Brother Where Art Thou

5. "He dies?" Shakespeare in Love

6. "This could very well be the stupidest person on the face of the earth. Perhaps we should shoot him." Ruthless People

7. "All You Need Is Love." Love Actually

8. "How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered..." and "Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?" The Birdcage

9. "Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found thee." Young Frankenstein

10. "I trust I need no introduction." Interview with the Vampire

11. "No more goat soup!" and "Americans." The Mummy

12. "You are drunk, and when you are drunk, you forget that I AM IN CHARGE!" and "I dwell in darkness without you and it went away?!" Willow

13. "Nuclear wessels." Star Trek IV

14. "You want a beer, you get your own beer." and "Naturals. My God, every one of you, naturals... We're gonna f**king die." Captain Ron

15. "But why is the rum gone?" Pirates of the Caribbean

16. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." The Princess Bride

17. "Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!" and "Germans?" Animal House

18. "The light is green." Happy Texas

19. "Damn you! I'm not an actor, I'm a movie star!" My Favorite Year

20. "The Donger need food." Sixteen Candles

21. "Little Latin boy in drag, why are you crying?" and "That is Miss Anne Baxter in the Ten Commandments and those are the moves." To Wong Foo

22. "I've been burned by you before." Beauty and the Beast

23. "Walk Like a Man." Heart and Souls

24. "Snap out of it!" and "I'm so confused." Moonstruck

25. "I thought you were Joe, Jr." and "Get down on one knee; it's more romantic." While You Were Sleeping

26. "We'll see what the man's sellin'. THEN we'll shoot 'im." Secondhand Lions


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Adding to your most excellent list:
"Were these magic grits?" My Cousin Vinny
"If we keep shooting Joey, don't you think he'll get suspicious?" I Love You to Death
"And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper." Fargo
"You can have a Billion Man March! If you don't put down that malt liquor and chicken wings, and get behind someone other than a running back who stabs his wife, you're NEVER gonna get rid of somebody like me!" Bulworth