Monday, November 17, 2008

The Doings Report

A quiet week for us. Frank and MJ made the round-trip run to Corvallis in the rain, so Chloe is home. Both girls are working on NaNoWriMo and/or fretting about their wordcounts. Frank had his turn at the dentist. (Can you tell we have new insurance? We were insured before, but we hated the only dentist that was covered by our plan. This made for some serious dental avoidance.)

The sun came out Saturday! This was good news for our very soggy state. We had pretty good weather while were at the Hawks game Sunday, too, although it wasn't enough to boost the boys into winning. They sure put on a good show, though, keeping us on our feet, screaming, right up until Matt's (expletive deleted - gotta start cleaning up my blog rating again) interception killed their game-winning-touchdown drive with two minutes left.

Game Day Highlights:
  • The helicopters that flew overhead (part of their Military Day observances), then disappeared into the mist-shrouded city beyond the stadium.
  • The very football-savvy Seattle crowd. I am always impressed anew when we go to games. They are SO loud helping out the defense, but quiet way down when our offense is on the field. Pretty cool. And we still (even after a season such as this) have the highest opponent-false-start count of any stadium in the league.
The MR2 had a visit to the shop for brakes and a new clutch. The price tag of this work was gut-wrenchingly high, but still so much cheaper than buying a new car, however tempting that might be from time to time. (We had a Corolla S as our loaner car. Lotta temptation in that little package!) And the clutch had a six-digit mileage count on it, so we can't complain too much.

Other than those things, all I can think of are the things I'm not getting done, mainly Christmas shopping, housework, and "enough" regular work. I think (hope) I am fast approaching that mystical place where the pressure I'm under causes me to undergo a sort of cellular transformation that allows me to achieve superhuman feats of accomplishment.

Hey, it could happen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen this mystical cellular transformation thing... It's not a pretty sight.

;)