a Negro can also achieve the same position that my brother has..."
Thursday, November 6, 2008
A prediction (essentially) comes true
"There's no question that in the next 30 or 40 years,
a Negro can also achieve the same position that my brother has..."
a Negro can also achieve the same position that my brother has..."
— Robert F. Kennedy, May 1961
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
WOW!!!
Woah.
Cool. Thanks for the reminder.
Now, any predictions out there for our same sex partners getting their rights?
He said that on the day I was born! It took exactly my lifetime thus far ::::chills::::
Creeepy....but I wasn't alive then, so it carries no weight. Everyone knows the world didn't REALLY start until I was born.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kennedy.asp
The prediction as written is bone-chilling, isn't it? Apparently it wasn't quite right....but close enough to be considered a prediction of sorts in my books!
Oops. Thanks, Shonna! I pulled the quote from Snopes, but obviously I pulled it from the wrong part of their page. Duh.
For posterity: I've corrected the quote in the blog post.
Sorry, Diana, the correction wipes out the coincidence with your birthday.
Post a Comment