Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Did you know...
...Chloe (my youngest!) will get to vote in the next presidential election?
...I hate going to the dentist and often cry while I'm there? Yes, even for a cleaning.
...I haven't been to the gym since we got back from Europe? If I haven't done it by the end of this week, I'm going to schedule an appointment with a trainer. I always keep my appointments (even with the dentist).
...adapting US software documentation for use in Great Britain involves searching and replacing upwards of 500 terms, and about 3/5 of those involve changing "z" to "s"? Damn that Noah Webster.
...rain adds at least 20 minutes to my commute, even when no accidents have occurred? I don't know why. Seattle-area commuters drive in rain all the time; you'd think everybody would be used to it.
...a significant percentage of my blogging takes place when I have postponed my departure due to a traffic jam?
...I hate going to the dentist and often cry while I'm there? Yes, even for a cleaning.
...I haven't been to the gym since we got back from Europe? If I haven't done it by the end of this week, I'm going to schedule an appointment with a trainer. I always keep my appointments (even with the dentist).
...adapting US software documentation for use in Great Britain involves searching and replacing upwards of 500 terms, and about 3/5 of those involve changing "z" to "s"? Damn that Noah Webster.
...rain adds at least 20 minutes to my commute, even when no accidents have occurred? I don't know why. Seattle-area commuters drive in rain all the time; you'd think everybody would be used to it.
...a significant percentage of my blogging takes place when I have postponed my departure due to a traffic jam?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Bring on the traffic jams! Oh...wait...
I just really enjoy reading what you write.
I hope Chloe's planning to vote for Michelle!
Okay, let's start spelling it Noah Webzter just to spite him, I say!
I can, legitimately, blame my husband, since he's related to Noah Webster on his dad's side. I give you permission to berate him as well!
When you replace a "z," do you pronounce it "zed?" That is the proper way, you know....:-)
Ginger - Aw, thanks! (And I'll just ignore the wish for traffic jams.)
Laura - Did you see the guy on the Daily Show election special? He knows the Obamas from the university, I think, and he said he always thought Michelle would be the one to achieve high office. Wouldn't that be cool?
Robin - Sins of the ancestors? lol. Nah, tell Ross I won't hold it against him. I actually prefer the American spellings (being a PROUD American - wow, nice to be able to say that), or did prior to this project and probably will again after it.
Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.
Post a Comment