Sunday, April 20, 2008

NaBloPoMo "Q"

Click here to visit NaBloPoMo

Q is for Quixote and Quotes



"He was spurred on by the conviction that the world needed his immediate presence."

Never realizing what a service she was doing for her blog-crazy mother, Chloe claimed last night that she could see Don Quixote standing in one corner of the basement. And her margaritas were of the virgin variety!

"Apparently, he had a very good time."

When we awoke this morning, our kitchen was a wreck due to our blender-concoction free-for-all last night. After shopping for a few hours during the day, we decided to forego our trip to the Mexican restaurant and have homemade margaritas instead. (There was no way we were foregoing those.) The rock-like ice cubes and frozen strawberries put up a good fight, but (after some, er, negotiation between Frank and me) were eventually pummeled into submission. Several times.

"His venture sounds like a banana peel awaiting its victim."

About midnight, Fergus decided he wanted more margarita. Woe! The adults had consumed everything all of the strawberries. So, Ferg and Effie and I trooped to the kitchen to see what we could come up with. Concoction #1 was a banana and strawberry-kiwi juice slushie, but Effie is not overly fond of bananas, so we dumped in a few spoonfuls of blackberry jam. Still too much banana, but Fergus liked that one pretty well, and the rest was distributed to some grateful teenagers. Concoction #2 was a strawberry milkshake for Effie and then a strawberry-and-apricot milkshake for Fergus, Chloe, and MJ. That one was a huge hit. But as mentioned above, the kitchen didn't fare so well.

"Here I am, rock me like a hurricane."

Did you know that, after a few margaritas, I am a natural at Guitar Hero? I have no doubt Craig will be posting incriminating evidence.

"You weren't so good, but now you are."

This last quote is from Fergus, apparently won over to the Ronnie side by smoothies, stories, and some tickles.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smoothies at midnight? Par-tay indeed!

kelli said...

too funny! Margaritas is it? ;)

Zenmomma said...

Sounds like another wonderful weekend at the Maiers. Sorry we missed it. But I got stuff done!

Cap'n Franko said...

I cannot recall the last time, if ever, we started with a full bottle of tequila for only 4 adults and put the empty in the recycling bin that very night.

Yummy fun!

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

I am going to have to give that Guitar Hero/margarita-thing a try. It couldn't hurt.