Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being the log and writings of the Daring Krewe of the good ship Zombie Princess... .
"The greatest expression
of rebellion is joy."
— Joss Whedon
"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that
he is someone today."
— Stacia Taus
"Every day is a
once-in-a-lifetime adventure."
— Frank Maier
"Autodidacts are the shiznit."
— Chloe Maier
Cap'n Franko
KreweQueen Ronnie
Majestic MJ
ZombieFaerie Chloe
Remote Krewe: Chiara K-Dogg

Quote Zone
"Noah's ark is a problem." — River in "Firefly"
Hey!
Say "Yes!" to your kids!
Why the Zombie Princess?
"Sit right back and you'll hear a tale..."
Full list of unschooling content
Some highlights:
Why Kids Don't Need School
"...they haven't needed school to develop the skills valued by school."
Accepting Kids As They Are
The why and the struggle
On Enjoying Teenagers
It's easy!
Unschooling in Difficult Times
Our weather as of the time shown:

14 comments:
I like a dedicated coffee grinder - no mixing of flavors.
If you have a good blender you can use it to make juice. Blend everything and then strain it through a nut mylk bag - or go to the hardware store and buy a paint straining bag (that's what I do). It is way less hassle than a juicer and cleanup is way easier too. I just soak the strainer bag in some white vinegar after rinsing it.
I agree with Scott - keep the coffee pure!
This touches on a question ChrisC and I ponder over every kitchen gadget purchase---
Is it better to simplify and utilize the only necessary tool: a good sharp knife, or to expand and own every gadget known to humankind?
Currently expansion is winning out in my kitchen so I vote for getting more gadgets!
Depends how far away the grocery store is, and whether they have a coffee grinder on the coffee aisle, and whether they have good juice brands. Maybe don't buy either one!
We have a small coffee grinder we inherited (electric) and a juicer Keith got for working at Honeywell for 15 years. They take more space than they're worth, in my opinion. But I don't drink coffee. And when something seems it would be medicinal, like carrot and celery juice, I'm glad we have the means to make some!
well, you know we are pretty bare bones in this galley- but for a serious coffee drinker- the dedicated grinder is key! (can you even get good grounds from a blender?) as for a juicer- no comment worth sharing as we do not "juice" per se. IMHO blenders make such great smoothies, that's as close as i need to a juicer- otherwise- it's hand squeezing citrus with a little manual dohickey.
Juicer, definitely.
Love Juice.
Worship Juice.
My sister gave me a magic bullet and I can do all a blender, a juicer and a coffee grinder does.
The only set back is that it is small so no big batches.
But its great and fast!!!!!!!!
Definitely a separate coffee grinder. If Chloe wants fresh juice, I guess we better vote for a juicer, too!
Well, a good juicer is not the same $ as a grinder. I personally have 2 grinders (one for coffee and one for other stuff...) and a juicer that does wheat grass.
So...it depends on the money sit. If you get a juicer, I recommend a good one, as the lower end ones tend to be more work than I care to do. It takes me 20 minutes from the time I decide to juice until I have the juice in hand and the machine cleaned. May seem like a long time, but when you wash everything first, then it makes sense. I think because I went raw and used it daily for a long time that it paid for itself big time!
I haven't tried Alyse's way. Sounds good, though.
We bought a Champion Juicer years ago, and I'm glad we have it, though I only haul it out a couple of times a year to Juice Fast. When I bought two five pound bags of carrots last time, the checker asked me if we had horses. :)
I luv my morning coffee, but we rarely use the coffee grinder. Too many steps to make my coffee, maybe? Veruca Salt: "I want it NOW!"
I think you know what I'm gonna say:
hell yes for the grinder :)
(as she sips her freshly ground morning coffee)
Yes!
I couldn't live without my coffee grinder. It's got a hopper full of oily Cafe Mam beans...freshly ground each morning for lattes...can't be beat. But that's just me. ;)
My trusted coffee grinder sits beside my bag 'o beans, beside the espresso maker....and it puts a huge smile on my face every single morning. Pre- ground coffee just doesn't cut it :)
Our juicer is great too, but gets used in bouts....and then collects dust again for a while....seems that things that sit on the counter get used...and others, not so much ;)
Post a Comment