Saturday, March 28, 2009
Tales from the dark
aka "Notes from Ronnie's Earth Hour"
My neighborhood stayed all lit up. I had to close all the blinds to experience any sort of dark at all. :-)
I read by candlelight and gained huge appreciation for the convenience of a headlamp.
Scrounging for food (without the candle), I pulled from the fridge a jar of what I thought was the yummy Harry & David mustard dip Lori brought me last night. Fortunately, I moved back into candle range to check the label before dipping my pretzels in boullion.
Label mishaps aside, I think I need far less light than I normally use. Maybe I won't be so quick to flip the lights on after this.
The dark was very peaceful. I wonder if Frank and the girls would go for making Earth Hour a regular event in our house...?
My neighborhood stayed all lit up. I had to close all the blinds to experience any sort of dark at all. :-)
I read by candlelight and gained huge appreciation for the convenience of a headlamp.
Scrounging for food (without the candle), I pulled from the fridge a jar of what I thought was the yummy Harry & David mustard dip Lori brought me last night. Fortunately, I moved back into candle range to check the label before dipping my pretzels in boullion.
Label mishaps aside, I think I need far less light than I normally use. Maybe I won't be so quick to flip the lights on after this.
The dark was very peaceful. I wonder if Frank and the girls would go for making Earth Hour a regular event in our house...?
Labels:
earth hour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
We were talking about the same thing. It was fun playing Bananagrams in the dark and then we just sat a talked with the candlelight reflecting off our faces..I think I'd enjoy it every evening for an hour.
Post a Comment