Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Privacy followup
From comments made here and on Facebook, I have realized that the mom I referred to in my last post may have been concerned that the adults befriending her daughter were potential predators. I confess, this possibility didn't even occur to me, perhaps partly because I'm female and not subject to the same level of suspicion that men unfortunately are.
But it's also because I left unspoken the context of my online friendships. So, let me be more clear: All of my online friends, of any age, know I am who I say I am. They've met me in real life, or they know someone I know, or they've been reading my contributions to the unschooling community for years.
But it's also because I left unspoken the context of my online friendships. So, let me be more clear: All of my online friends, of any age, know I am who I say I am. They've met me in real life, or they know someone I know, or they've been reading my contributions to the unschooling community for years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Hey, Ronnie -- I'm entering blog hibernation mode here. I can feel it sweeping over me. BUT, with my last bit of strength I'm typing to say how much I liked that post about Facebook. I'm not on Facebook, but my daughter is, and she has several adult friends. I mean, she's 21, but some of her friends are MY friends in real life. Also, parents of her real life friends.
You guys can find each other on Facebook and be friends, if you want! I can not keep up with my blog, Twitter, and emails. And yahoo groups. I despair of catching up! Woe is me!
Thanks, Laura! I found her. As long as she doesn't think I'm some random psycho, I'll be happy to count her among my friends!
Post a Comment