Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Gratitude list
Lots of people recommend keeping a gratitude journal as a way of focusing on the positive in your life. Unschooling mom and life coach Rain Fordyce recommends putting at least 10 things on your daily gratitude list and making it in the morning to start your day off right. I'm giving it a try.
I am grateful for:
Wednesday
1. Sleep and our big bed.
2. Facebook and banter with my friends (even though Mindy is probably right that it has Facesucked up my blogging time).
3. The free time I am enjoying before I go back to work.
4. The washing machine that lets me have clean clothes so quickly even when I've let the dirty stuff pile up.
5. MJ having mowed the lawns yesterday, so they look tidy and she got a new CD out of it.
6. Emotional growth (even when it hurts).
7. Having someone to call (thanks, Mary!) with parenting conundrums.
8. Our amazingly rich and full summer 'lineup, even though it intimidates me a little.
9. Poison-green paint in the bathroom!
10. Frank, MJ, and Chloe (as always, every minute).
Thursday
1. Waking up before the alarm went off so I have time to write my gratitude list.
2. Having so many friends and family members who want to spend time with us that our schedule is overflowing.
3. The likelihood that I have a job to return to, even though it means juggling in all those visits is a little tricky.
4. Disposable income (and we'll leave for another day the debate about whether there is such a thing).
5. This here laptop I'm using.
6. The fearless Odyssey and the freedom (and stowage!) it provides.
7. Babies on the way. (No, I'm not pregnant. That would have been worth a blog post of its own.)
8. Hardware Sales in Bellingham where we found (FINALLY!) hula hoop supplies.
9. Having family members who like roadtrips as much as I do.
10. MJ, Chloe, and Frank (as always, every minute).
I am grateful for:
Wednesday
1. Sleep and our big bed.
2. Facebook and banter with my friends (even though Mindy is probably right that it has Facesucked up my blogging time).
3. The free time I am enjoying before I go back to work.
4. The washing machine that lets me have clean clothes so quickly even when I've let the dirty stuff pile up.
5. MJ having mowed the lawns yesterday, so they look tidy and she got a new CD out of it.
6. Emotional growth (even when it hurts).
7. Having someone to call (thanks, Mary!) with parenting conundrums.
8. Our amazingly rich and full summer 'lineup, even though it intimidates me a little.
9. Poison-green paint in the bathroom!
10. Frank, MJ, and Chloe (as always, every minute).
Thursday
1. Waking up before the alarm went off so I have time to write my gratitude list.
2. Having so many friends and family members who want to spend time with us that our schedule is overflowing.
3. The likelihood that I have a job to return to, even though it means juggling in all those visits is a little tricky.
4. Disposable income (and we'll leave for another day the debate about whether there is such a thing).
5. This here laptop I'm using.
6. The fearless Odyssey and the freedom (and stowage!) it provides.
7. Babies on the way. (No, I'm not pregnant. That would have been worth a blog post of its own.)
8. Hardware Sales in Bellingham where we found (FINALLY!) hula hoop supplies.
9. Having family members who like roadtrips as much as I do.
10. MJ, Chloe, and Frank (as always, every minute).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I like this. A gratitude list always makes me feel better. :)
That's such a good idea! I try to keep the things I'm grateful for present, this is a great way. What a great idea from Rain.
I often end the day with listing 3 or 4 things specific to that day. It really does give you a a better perspective. I find myself going through the day saying, "this is going on my gratitude list."
Post a Comment