Saturday, February 7, 2009

Too much for Twitter

I started tweeting and then realized I have several random things to say. I don't want to be like Stephen Fry and overtweet, so I'll just dump 'em all here. The first two are retweets, for the sake of posterity. (As if posterity will care.) The rest are new and happily not subject to a 140-character limit.

Feeling crabby for no good reason. Maybe mean, nasty, irritable Ronnie should go out for drinks with m.n.i. Laura...? (This is in response to a morning tweet from Laura warning us that m.n.i. Laura was pushing to get out.)

Chloe bought her bass. It's beautiful. But both girls have for the moment abandoned real guitars in favor of Rock Band. Go figure.

Frank had bridge prep done yesterday, so he is not a happy camper today. Going to the music store (normally a much loved outing) about did him in.

I should clarify: the Arizona house shopping Frank and I were doing was fantasy shopping. We have no serious plans to move, and if we did, I'm not sure we'd be homeowners. A more footloose lifestyle is attractive.

In related news, our tent trailer will be all paid off next month. We will never be homeless.

The neighbor girls came over to play with Chloe today. It's so sweet that they want to, and even sweeter that she goes along with it. She let them take their pick of some leftover Barbie stuff. Aside from a few treasured favorites and the bagful of good stuff we set aside for Effie, we are nearly Barbie-less. The end of an era indeed.

The clack of drumsticks on Rock Band drums is annoying. I'd much rather be listening to the real thing.

I want the Clean Sweep people to come and take care of my backyard. The heaps back there make me feel as trashy as they make our yard look.

I didn't go to the Goodwill today, and I really should have. The van is loaded with donations. Maybe it'll be doubly loaded by next Saturday.

The girls and I watched some Jay Walking and pseudo-Jay Walking videos this evening. People (presumably schooled people) didn't know who authored Romeo and Juliet, who bombed Pearl Harbor, whom the Palestinians are in conflict with, etc. WTF?!

Yes, my kids know those things. The one that stumped them and me was "Who was Beowulf's companion?" Frank would no doubt find our ignorance of that nearly as distressing as I found the others' ignorance of the "easier" questions.

P.S. Frank says Beowulf's pals were secondary and it wasn't a sensible question. We are redeemed. :-)

2 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

Hwaet! We Gardena in geardagum…

Having read Beowulf in the original, I suspect asking a question about Wiglaf(Wycliff)/Yngling derives more from recent movies than from the actual original work. Asking about Grendel or Hrothgar would be more appropriate, IMO.

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Hey Ronnie -- MNI Laura would have loved to toss back a few shots with MNI Ronnie, but she was arrested in her tracks by circumstances that called for Supportive, Nurturing, Comforting Mom. Poof! One was gone and the other appeared. I'm sure she'll be back, though. I can hear her rattling her closet door.

I asked the Beowulf question around here, and Mer and O tried to dredge up a name, but couldn't. But it did provoke discussion. I couldn't remember any characters from Beowulf but Beowulf and Grendel.

If I met Jay out Jay Walking, I'd run in the other direction. He scares me!