Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I thought it was just me

Okay, so I know it's mostly people interested in good grammar and spelling who are reading this article on MSN about the stress of bad grammar and spelling, but I find myself more hopeful about the future of English after seeing these results from the Live Vote linked to the article:


Of course, there's no guarantee any of those people who are out there fighting the good fight are getting it right. :-)

2 comments:

K. said...

I found it really amusing that right after this post in my feed reader came a post from mental floss:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/22107

called 6 Wordsmiths Who Couldn't Spell. I especially enjoyed the bit about Keats and how he tried to pretend he did it on purpose.

Unknown said...

I'm not a Grammar Vandal, but I (like totally) understand the impulse!
And I confess right here in front of everyone that I overuse commas. But I'm trying hard to stop,,,,,honest!