Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friday fill-in

Only a day late this week.



1. Apples are to oranges as Washington is to Florida. (credit goes to Frank for this one)

2. Unschooling is better than school, and that's all I have to say about that. (And if you believe that's all I have to say about that, I've got a nice bridge for sale.)

3. I think I hear starlings. But I'm a little paranoid right now.

4. I'm not yet over my Bush administration-inspired aversion to the American flag.

5. Do what you want to do, but be nice.

6. He was four and much adored by his mother, and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with his very important belongings, such as toy cars, and a dinosaur or two, and a confused worm in a meager handful of dirt.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm last night I was looking forward to a peaceful evening (and I got it!), tomorrow today my plans include driving with Chloe, a long walk in the sunshine, and at least a couple of checkmarks on the to-do list, and Sunday, I want to enjoy a boisterous March-through-May birthdays and Mother's Day party out at the beach!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Say "Happy Mother's Day" to all of the mothers out at the beach for me.

hi, i'm kat. said...

happy mother's day ronnie! looking forward to spending time with you guys at lig!