Monday, May 18, 2009
Remembering
Today, I am missing my forever-young cousins, Michele and Kevin Morris, as well as my Aunt Barbie and her husband, Ron Seibold. They were on a "critter count" family outing near Mt. St. Helens when it erupted on May 18, 1980. The blast wave engulfed their car, killing all four instantly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
I looked up "Loowit" and learned a lot, so thanks for the folklore/culture connection, and for the human connection. Someone sent me a little bottle of ashes from that eruption, and that's all the connection I had, but this is closer.
I'm sorry your cousins didn't get older, but they're still in your memory, and now on your blog. I do love the internet.
ronnie, that is awful, i am so sorry.
Thanks for remembering. I think of my sister many times and sometimes when I see you.
Love, Dad
wow, a day I remember, my chickens went nuts, your blog post brought tears to my eyes....
Still speechless and still crying.
Another reminder to LIVE TODAY. thank you for sharing this. :)
Post a Comment