Thursday, June 26, 2008
Thursday 13
Thirteen Reasons I'm Going Blue
1. I'll get my own office in the super snazzy new building we're moving into. Do I feel somewhat foolish that this is my #1 reason? Nah.
2. I recently had to pay $72 to renew my asthma medication prescriptions. As a blue badge, they'll be free.
3. Expanding on #2, the health insurance perks are amazing. Everything is covered.
4. The team I'm joining is the best I've ever worked for, a really likable and balanced group of people.
5. My direct managers are friendly, reasonable, and responsive.
6. The main perk of being a temp is the 100-day break. Since the girls are immersed in community and more reluctant to take off with Mom and Dad for long trips, and since the 100-day break has the downside of No Paychecks for Three Months, trading these in for paid vacations and year-round pay was mostly painless.
7. Likewise, I am trading overtime pay for comp time. I don't have to put in a 40-hour week each and every week in order to get full pay.
8. Every year after my 100-day break, I have to spend a chunk of time getting reacquainted with my job and reclaiming my projects from the people who filled in for me while I was away. Now I'll be able to be as possessive as I want to be.
9. The company claims to have a "work and life balance" path for employees these days. (We'll see.)
10. Access to reduced price software at the company store.
11. I'll be part of the In Crowd. ;-)
12. I interviewed for the job and got all invested in the idea.
13. They made me a flatteringly good offer.
1. I'll get my own office in the super snazzy new building we're moving into. Do I feel somewhat foolish that this is my #1 reason? Nah.
2. I recently had to pay $72 to renew my asthma medication prescriptions. As a blue badge, they'll be free.
3. Expanding on #2, the health insurance perks are amazing. Everything is covered.
4. The team I'm joining is the best I've ever worked for, a really likable and balanced group of people.
5. My direct managers are friendly, reasonable, and responsive.
6. The main perk of being a temp is the 100-day break. Since the girls are immersed in community and more reluctant to take off with Mom and Dad for long trips, and since the 100-day break has the downside of No Paychecks for Three Months, trading these in for paid vacations and year-round pay was mostly painless.
7. Likewise, I am trading overtime pay for comp time. I don't have to put in a 40-hour week each and every week in order to get full pay.
8. Every year after my 100-day break, I have to spend a chunk of time getting reacquainted with my job and reclaiming my projects from the people who filled in for me while I was away. Now I'll be able to be as possessive as I want to be.
9. The company claims to have a "work and life balance" path for employees these days. (We'll see.)
10. Access to reduced price software at the company store.
11. I'll be part of the In Crowd. ;-)
12. I interviewed for the job and got all invested in the idea.
13. They made me a flatteringly good offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
That sounds so great, honestly. Congratulations, Ronnie!
Congratulations Ronnie! I'm happy for you and the fam :)
Thanks and thanks! :-)
Now you're* one of the cool kids! Congrats and enjoy. :o)
*repost. Had to fix your to you're. Aaaaaack!
Post a Comment