Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gads, is it Thursday AGAIN?!

No TT this week. I don't wanna.

But here's a list anyway.

Some Reasons I'm in a Bad Mood

1. We said good-bye to Rodney the Rat today. It was pretty hard, but it was time. He had given up, even to the point of not bothering to glare at us when we attempted to care for him.

2. I'm transitioning. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but my job defined my days. Without it, I spend a lot of time waiting for my priorities to make themselves clear. Doesn't quite work that way in an unschooling flow. Well, it does, but I'm out of practice keeping busy between cues.

3. What with sick rats, conference colds, and life's pesky details (money, time, logistics), my days off thus far have not been idyllic. Set my expectations too high? Me? Never.

4. Uncertainty over the future. One of my job lines is more like a noodle. It's taken weeks to firm it up. It'll be at least another week before I'll know if it will pan (ha) out.

5. The aforementioned PMS. Grrrr.



Okay, here's a more cheerful list:

Some Reasons I'll Feel Better Soon

1. Mi familia fantastica.

2. Stephanie is coming.

3. The house will be cleaner by the end of tomorrow.

4. I have new books to hide in read.

5. One of these days, there will be sunshine. (I have to believe this.)

3 comments:

kelli said...

ah man, I'm sending you a hug. I could use your hug too right now. House hunting is for the birds, such uncertainty, and I don't even want to talk about the hot weather. *g*

I guess at least I'm not freezing. But nothing like the extremes! take care and it will get better, I can feel it in my bones. Oh and tell Frank I had my first shrimp po' boy ;)

Ronnie said...

Back at ya, Kelli!

It's a bad time of year to be househunting down there, but you're going to LOVE spring and fall. And winter.

Schuyler said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Rodney. Everyone said an "Ahhh Man" in sympathy. Is Pi-rat alright?

We had such a wonderful time at yours! Thank you.