Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Krewe heads out to join the Cap'n

Well, the journey is about to begin. After what are sure to be the busiest couple of days ever, Friday morning the girls and I will start our cross-country trek to join Frank and the Zombie Princess. I can't wait to see them both!

For the Krewe here in Washington state, these past days have been full of laundry, packing, laundry, shopping, errands, and more laundry. I've also spent a lot of time on the phone, getting financial and other details straightened out. We took the rats, Mezza Luna and Snowball, to get their health certificates, and we visited our family doctor so she could prescribe some just-in-case medical supplies.

My biggest adventure was getting all (well, most) of my hair cut off last night. It's the shortest I've ever had it, a spiky, stylish bootcamp look. ;-) The world feels about 10 degrees cooler -- not quite an asset at night in western Washington, but sure to greatly appreciated once we get about two hours east of here.

Meanwhile, in New Orleans... Cap'n Frank is making great progress on the boat fixups. He has nearly completed the plumbing and rather unpleasant fiberglassing work for the new propane stove (which arrived in record time), in addition to rebedding some leaky ports and replacing the galley and head faucets. With the stove in, the only big job remaining (knock wood) will be installing the generator into the stern laz. And much to the delight of the accountant (yours truly), the only big purchase remaining will be the dinghy and motor.

Cross-country itinerary for the Krewe:
Friday night - Spokane, WA, for the much anticipated nuptials of Maier cousin Matt and his intended, Laura
Saturday night - wherever we end up along I-90
Sunday night thru Tuesday morning - Lexington, NE, for a happy visit on Loudon Pond (and a welcome reprieve from driving)
Tuesday night - Arkansas maybe??
Wednesday night - New Orleans

We can't wait! Our little family has been divided for too long.

2 comments:

Dave Guilford said...

Great format for a ship's log! Can't wait to see you guys when you get here. Frank was lashing himself to the mast in a lightning storm when I saw him a couple days ago...

Looks like the boat is coming right along!

Anonymous said...

OK, as if I'm not jealous enough!!! UGH! You're killing me! Now when I'm at working, fantasizing about a Daiquiri on the beach, I can come here and see you catching rays....the horror, the horror! :)

Love the name!