While the krewe is on the road, I thought I'd give a little update from N.O. I'm starting my third week of refitting and have managed to complete
absolutely nothing. Well, I take it back. I greased the jib furler... but not the winches, all of which are in desperate need of a tuneup. I rebedded a couple of ports... but not all.The propane system is almost done. The generator is almost done. The head replumbing is almost done.
Seeing a pattern, yet?
The logo, however, arrived from the printer and it is swell! I can't wait til the krewe arrives so we can install it.
My first week was high 90s. Last week we had a cold front come through and it only got into the low 90s. I haven't checked the weather for this week
but it was probably mid-90s today. I've lost 10 pounds since arriving. In the abstract, that's nice, because I usually gain weight from a N.O. visit, what with all the fabulous food. Hydration is my middle name while working in this weather, especially when I'm down in the deep laz, doing something awkward and difficult.
Yesterday I gave in and fired up the airconditioner while I worked on replumbing the head. Boy! Was that nice!
So, that's what old Cap'n Franko has been up to recently. My next report will be more upbeat as I get some of these tasks actually finished!
Life's too short to sail on slow boats!
Cap'n Franko






No comments:
Post a Comment