Saturday, October 18, 2008

Featured quote

Category: Movie
Source: Accepted

Spoiler Alert!
If you have not seen this movie, stop reading now and go immediately out and rent it!

The scene: Bartleby welcomes the students (in spite of himself)

The quote:

I know what it's like to be rejected. It sucks. Rejection blows. Being said no to. You know what, I'm sorry, you're just not quite good enough. You didn't have enough extracurriculars. You didn't play enough tennis. You didn't study hard enough for your scores. So you're not going to make it.

You know what? Screw that! Shouldn't we all have the chance to discover ourselves? Shouldn't we all have the chance to be said yes to?

At South Harmon, we say yes to you. We say yes to your hopes. We say yes to your dreams. We say yes to your flaws. So welcome. Grab a room, grab a friend, grab yourself, we don't give a shit. Welcome to South Harmon Institute of Technology!

4 comments:

Deanne said...

I LOVE that movie!

Penta Mom said...

Funny, the kids watched that movie about 5 times last week! We watched it several times a few months ago, but it had a revival. Isn't it way too awesome! Along with School of Rock it's one of the kids' favorites.

Anonymous said...

Going on the top of the netflix list!

Zenmomma said...

We love that movie too! I love the curriculum board..."Blowing shit up with my mind" is tops on my class schedule.