Monday, July 12, 2010
Taking my chances
"Everything you do in your life is a chance to practice. It is all Dharma. When you do your chores try to be mindful. If you are emptying a spittoon or cleaning a toilet don't feel you are doing it as a favor for anyone else. There is Dharma in emptying spittoons. Don't feel you are practicing only when sitting still cross-legged.
"Some of you have complained that there is not enough time to meditate. Is there enough time to breathe? This is your meditation: mindfulness, naturalness in whatever you do."
~ Ajahn Chah
"Some of you have complained that there is not enough time to meditate. Is there enough time to breathe? This is your meditation: mindfulness, naturalness in whatever you do."
~ Ajahn Chah
Labels:
meditation,
mindfulness,
quotes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh, Ronnie - This is perfect.
I met a woman at a drum circle, and she noticed my enso tattoo. It ends up she's studying with a zen teacher that I briefly studied with. I stopped studying with her (and sitting very much) when I really *got* radical unschooling, and I started connecting with the boys more. I've always felt a little guilty about that - not too much, because the boys are my priority - but it's been there, in the back of my mind, as something I "didn't do right".
She said she was fb chatting with this teacher, Teijo Munnich, and Teijo said, "Real life is your practice; zazen's a vacation." BAM! I got a little teary, just hearing the truth of that. It was one of those moments that felt so important, and like it was meant to be.
Love.
Post a Comment