Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beatific

ADJECTIVE:
Showing or producing exalted joy or blessedness: a beatific smile.


Producing exalted joy. Exactly.

5 comments:

Scott said...

I'm sure you are correct. I remebered it as "saintly" and I wasn't going there.

CiaoBella! said...

Angelic cherub, perhaps???

What's the word for devilish imp up to no good?!

I think that smile, as a child, worked well on his mother so Chuck took the blame for his childhood pranks!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of it in the sense of "emanating bliss". :)

Cap'n Franko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cap'n Franko said...

What's the word for devilish imp up to no good?!

devilish, impish, satanic, Luciferian (kind of a stretch), Mephistopholean, mephtic (perhaps a bit too far to the negative side), stygian, Loki-like, letheian (referencing the river itself, not our current derivation of it into "lethal"), Cthulhulian, manipulative, Eddie Haskell, Frank Maier ...

Winding down now but I could dredge up more if I thought for a while. Any of those seem to fit?