Monday, August 17, 2009

The Doings Report

Greetings, all!

Last week, I finished up my Monday meditation class, so I find myself with a little spare time tonight. How lovely! Let's blog.

The big announcement: The Maier family is experiencing a lull in their social calendar!! Shocking, I know. This lull is scheduled to last for four more days.

What preceded the lull was a visit from my dad and Renee'. It was a good time! I had to work during the days they were here, but they hung out with Frank and the girls and did a group trip to the Seattle Aquarium. In the evenings, we ate. We had too much Thai food one night and steaks the other. Yum!

On Friday, they headed off to visit my dad's best buddy from high school (also named Bill) and begin their reunion festivities. This meant that I was free to go to the all day meditation event that took place on Saturday, but instead...

I lazed about!

Wow! I haven't gotten to do that for a while. It was really nice. MJ was under the weather, so she and I sat together in the livingroom watching movies and reading and just generally being slug-like.

What else has been going on... MJ and Chloe are both involved in writing projects. MJ is writing fiction, but she won't say more than that. She has also been making these little signs that are really pretty. They are sort of like paper samplers, with art and a lovely quote. She left one tacked to the front door one night for me to discover when I left for work.

Chloe is writing a reference guide to plants with magical properties. She's been researching and organizing and cranking out content. I told her tonight that her process greatly resembles my own at work. She says she is not sure she would enjoy tech writing long term, but she seems to be having a pretty good time with it on a limited basis.

Frank has been sending out e-mail messages and otherwise brainstorming over the Greybeards lack of a drummer for their Good Vibrations performance. He got a very promising nibble today from an unschooler with five years' experience, so please keep your fingers crossed on that! In his spare time in and around his hosting duties, he's been practicing on the keyboard and keeping the house guest-ready.

Aaaand... We've been watching football!! Wahoo!! The Seahawks had their first preseason game yesterday. They looked relaxed and fit and reasonably competent, and they won, so we were happy. Their first home game is next Saturday. We're really looking forward to watching them from our very own seats.

4 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

Two updates for me.

1. Got a drummer! Hooray!
2. Monday Night Football had John Gruden in teh booth. Ick! I hate that twerp.

Tracy Million Simmons said...

Isn't it funny how those lulls can be as full as the social days. I love it. My son was telling my sister the other day that we never say "bored" in this house.

Penta Mom said...

We'll be there soon to mess up your lull!

Unknown said...

There is no such thing as too much Thai food!!