Sunday, July 6, 2008

But... but... but...

I found this on http://www.xkcd.com/ today:



Unfortunately, "Jaynestown" is actually the sixth episode (since the pilot is considered episode 0), and Jayne actually receives the rain stick in the fifth episode, "Our Mrs. Reynolds."

Shoddy research, xkcd.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

http://xkcd.com/386/
:-)

dharmamama said...

There was quite a bit of discussion about that on the xkcd forum.

Nerd.

Ronnie said...

Steph - Yeah, yeah. But it only took me a few minutes to Make Things Right. :-)

Caren - (snicker) - Yes, I admit it. That's what I was calling myself the whole time I was writing that post.

Browncoats Forever!

Ronnie said...

Update: Evidently the Battlestar Galactica reference is erroneous, too, since the series wasn't on (in the US at least) in 2004. People on the xkcd forums are theorizing that Randall made these errors on purpose, with the purpose being one or more of these:

1. To point out the inaccuracies on Wikipedia.

2. To f**k with Firefly nerds like me.

2b. As a particularly clever spin on the subtle trolling that used to happen on USEnet, where a seemingly rational post would contain intentional errors for people to flare up about.

If any of these is the case, I probably should retract my objection. But I just can't do it. "Firefly" is sacred.