Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lips To Shame The Red Red Rose...Because They Are Covered In Blood

OR, I Feel Like House, MD


Congratulations! You are one of the lucky few to witness this rare and amazing event! It is...A blog post by Chloe (me)!


Yes, yes, stand amazed. But since it's mostly about her, she requested that she be allowed to write it.


Basically, this is a rundown of my day (which was fairly interesting, so far as days go) on Saturday the 28th of June. Woke up at NINE IN THE MORNING!!! Took a ridiculously long shower, got ready in a hurry, and left for Seattle shortly after ten. I got there like ten forty-five, I suppose, and stood behind a sign with my castmates for a few minutes before heading into the building. Rehearsed my play all the way through, took a break for a while to eat (didn't eat much. Mostly chased Mike around the theater because he stole my shoes). Then the performance, the last one, at two, for an hour and a half. We did pretty good, and there were many hugs when it was over.


Then, cast party/Sam's birthday party at Sam and Mike's house at seven.


Played, danced, talked to people, helped Isabella and Sam escort Mike to their apartment (the party was in a ground floor room) to get his iPod. As we came back down, Mike broke out of our arm-linking-chain-thingymajigger and took off across the parking lot. We, of course, chased after him.


And heeeeere's where it gets painful. He knew the bar was there, and he ducked under it. I didn't, and I ran into it. Cut on the gums where my upper gums connect to my upper lip (that thing that doesn't actually have a name). Cut on my top lip. Blood blister in between my two upper front teeth. One or two chipped teeth. And finally, last and worst, a huge, evil, cut on my lower lip. Ow.


Left the cast party then, drove to see the doctor, waited for like TWO HOURS to be told it didn't need stitches and I was free to go. He did prescribe me some Vicodin, though. Thus, I feel like House.


Picture of my gnarly lower lip

5 comments:

Randi said...

YOWCH!!!

Zenmomma said...

Oh my! That is one extremely gnarly lip! I'm glad you survived. Don't act too much like House though, k? I like you all sweet and non-medicated.

kelli said...

Ouch! And ewww...

sorry you hurt yourself. We were wondering about the details when we read your myspace bulletin. glad you're ok.. well, kind of ok. Hope it heals quickly!

Cap'n Franko said...

Ick! That's pretty nasty. Hope you have fun at the painting party with the rest of the cast!

See ya next week.

The Dadster!

Anonymous said...

amazingly nasty cheese. but the story was pleasent to read.
see you very soon sister... Chiara