The idea is to note things you've done that you think might be unique or, at least, rare. You might be surprised by how many people end up saying "Hey, I've done that, too!" List them in your blog and let the fun begin. (Alternatively, you could add your list in comments here or put a link back to any entry you write.)
So, here you are...
1. Spent the night in a tent, with one eye and both ears open for flash floods, on a little spit of beach down one of the side canyons of Lake Powell.
2. Did a so-called deep dive (~100 feet) and floated above the Cayman Trench to learn what deep really is (~25,000 feet).
3. Sat in the cockpit of a sailboat while the crews of two Costa Rican shrimping boats argued over the privilege of selling us (my dad and me) the freshest shrimp I had/have ever eaten.
4. Sailed through the Panama Canal. Did you know it's mostly lake? But the locks are the exciting part.
5. Made a passage across the Gulf of Mexico, during hurricane season, with a wild bird sitting on my shoulder for part of the time.
6. Went bungee jumping. We have video tape of this. I could sell my scream to the sound guy for a horror movie. (Hey, somebody ask James if he does any work in horror!)
7. Went swimming with a remora. On two separate occasions, while anchored off of two different islands, on two different trips to the Caribbean.
The second time, we were such a good "shark" to the remora that he followed us as we zigzagged upwind halfway through Sir Francis Drake Channel, anchored overnight, and zigzagged the rest of the way to The Baths the next day.
8. Wrote the Help file and user-interface text for an entire software program.
9. Fell in love with, married, made babies with, and am still very happily married to a man 17 years my senior.
10. Did 36 hours of labor without drugs, loved it and the reward, and 9 months later signed up to do it all again (or at least was a willing participant in the, er, spontaneous moment in a Yakima motel). Fortunately, the hour count 9 months after that was less by more than two thirds.






4 comments:
Oh, I like this meme. I have to think about this.
Love it Ronnie. Too bad I forgot how to count.
Alright, it was too good to resist.
I did it.
Your list totally depresses me, Ronnie!(Frank's list does, too.) I was planning to walk the dog and go to the grocery store today, but now I feel compelled to plan a rock climbing trip with Mark. That's it! My job is to keep the home fires burning while Mark climbs Rainier and Cotopaxi and does the Boston Marathon and goes to Alaska, etc. You know ... my list would have to be "things that people I know have done that are unique". I think that I like being the still point ...
Post a Comment