Thursday, August 23, 2007

Care update for Marty

We received a note from Judy:

"Dad's been getting weaker & also a little more 'testy'. After 8 months, Gary's throwing in the towel. New game plan: I am taking FMLA (family medical leave act), the same thing you use for maternity or paternity. This will give me 3 months off. They have to keep my job & I keep my benefits while I'm out. During that time, I will be finding a sitter, so I can return to work...

"Lori is still going to come 1 day a week , but not necessarily Wed. We'll iron out the specifics later. My paper work goes in tomorrow. I've requested to start September 10. I'll call my supervisor tomorrow to let her know what's coming. I have to get the official OK from Team Member Health. I'm kind of looking forward to being home, but have mixed emotions about it. I plan to be optimistic & figure everything will work out like it's supposed to."

Frank and I appreciate very much the sacrifices that Judy and Gary continue to make to see that Dad gets the care he deserves. We are in their debt.

No comments: