Sunday, April 6, 2008

NaBloPoMo "E"

Click here to visit NaBloPoMo

E is for Effort



Recently, I've been putting in effort on a couple of personal resolutions. We're way past New Year's, so I suppose these are Spring Resolutions.

  • I haven't had a Coke in three weeks.

    I've toyed with cutting Coke out of my diet before, since the sugar is bad for my teeth and the calories are bad for my waistline (it's here somewhere), but I just *like* the stuff and could never before quite give up that last one a day. Plus, Microsoft feeds my habit for free.

    But then a coworker forwarded a little article in the NY Times about a study that revealed (confirmed) a link between even moderate cola consumption and kidney problems. That did the trick. No more kidney stones for me, thank you very much.

    Note: The NYT link above requires registration. If you'd rather not, you can see the exact same text here.

  • Plastic bags are evil.

    I'm on an anti-quest. I want never to bring another plastic bag into our house. This one is really challenging, for the stupidest reasons (inconvenience, forgetfulness, social discomfort), but I'm making progress. And I'm committed to the cause, for a very good reason.

    Plastic bottles are next. Just look (unless you're squeamish) at where the lids end up. And that's just the lids!

No comments: